1. Didn't the thief on the cross go to paradise with Christ the day He died?
2. Doesn't the Bible speak of the "undying," "immortal" soul?
3. At death the body returns to dust and the spirit (or breath) returns to God. But where does the soul go?
4. Does the word "soul" ever mean anything other than a living being?
5. Can you explain John 11:26, which says, "And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die"?
6. Matthew 10:28 says, "Fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul." Doesn't this prove that the soul is undying?
7. Doesn't 1 Peter 4:6 say the gospel was preached to dead people?
8. What about the souls crying out from under the altar in Revelation 6:9, 10? Doesn't this show that souls do not die?
9. Doesn't the Bible say Christ went and preached to lost souls in hell between His crucifixion and resurrection?